Higher study in Japan (Monbukagakusho Scholarship)

Monbukagakusho (Japanese Government Scholarship) is the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and technology (MEXT) of Japan.
International students are usually selected for Monbukagakusho scholarship either through Japanese Embassy or Japanese universities. 

The system of getting scholarship through Japanese Embassy are as follows:
  1. Ministry of Education, Bangladesh advertises in the newspapers inviting applications for Monbukagakusho scholarships (for both undergraduate and post graduate studies).
  2. Applicants have to apply to the Ministry of Education, Bangladesh within the deadline.
  3. Ministry of Education selects about 175 applicants (may be change) on the basis of their past academic records and sends the list to the Japanese Embassy in Bangladesh and also notifies the primarily selected applicants.
  4. Japanese Embassy in Bangladesh sends the primarily selected applicants necessary forms and requests them to submit necessary documents to them. During this period, each applicant is asked to contact any professor in any Japanese University to get letter of acceptance from him. This letter of acceptance is also important.
  5. They make an schedule for the interviews of the applicants.
  6.  The Japanese Embassy sends all the documents to Monbukagakusho.
  7. Monbukagakusho has the final say. The finally selected applicants (near about 30 person) will be notified through Japanese Embassy.
The system of getting scholarship through Japanese Universities are as follows:
  1. Contact one professor in any Japanese University under whom you want to conduct research. Your field of interest must match with the field of research of that professor. When you contact one professor for the first time, don't forget to send your elegant resume that highlights your current research activities, academic achievements, etc.
  2. Write to the professor clearly that you want to continue research under him and want to be selected for Monbukagakusho scholarship. You have to make the professor convinced that you are the eligible person to continue his research.
  3. If the professor is convinced, he may respond.
  4. If the professor responds, request him to send you application forms for scholarship. Note here that many Japanese professor does not know well about Monbukagakusho scholarship.
  5. Professor would send you application forms, you fill it up and return it to the professor with necessary documents.
  6. Professor will submit your application to Monbukagakusho through his university.
  7. Mobukagakusho will decide whether to accept you or not.
If you are selected for scholarship under special graduate program, learning of Japanese is not mandatory. Else, you have to learn Japanese for at least six months after arrival in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment